CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
VOLUNTEER IN THE PARK RESOURCES
a service of the Chattahoochee National Park Conservancy
Support the park as a Volunteer in Parks (VIP): become a steward of your national park, enjoy the outdoors with like-minded people, learn about the park’s resources.
There are as many rewarding ways to volunteer as there are volunteers. Join a special event or work day. If you have more time, become a Trail Blazer, Bike VIP, River VIP, help at the visitor center or contribute to long-term projects. Become a VIP and “Find Your Park” at the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS
- All volunteers must complete and sign a new volunteer service agreement and a self-certification form for COVID-19.
- Once the Volunteer Coordinator has received the signed documents, the volunteer is able to resume outdoor work in the park again.
- All volunteers must follow the current CDC guidelines when performing their tasks at the park. Updates about the overall NPS response to COVID-19, including safety information, are posted on www.nps.gov/coronavirus.
Specifically, volunteers are asked to:
- Social distance to a minimum of 6’ spacing.
- Wear a face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Educate yourself on proper donning, doffing, and cleaning of face coverings.
- Reduce in-person interactions with others.
- Wash hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds if you touch something others have touched.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces often using sanitizer/disinfectant.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- If working/meeting with others at the park, meet in a well-ventilated area, such as outdoors.
- Avoid mass gatherings of more than 10 people.