CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
VOLUNTEER IN THE PARK RESOURCES
a service of the Chattahoochee National Park Conservancy
Support the park as a Volunteer in Parks (VIP): become a steward of your national park, enjoy the outdoors with like-minded people, learn about the park’s resources.
There are as many rewarding ways to volunteer as there are volunteers. Join a special event or work day. If you have more time, become a Trail Blazer, Bike VIP, River VIP, help at the visitor center or contribute to long-term projects. Become a VIP and “Find Your Park” at the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area.
Web Site Updates
Starting June 1st, you mut be logged in to the VIP Site to submit Volunteer Hours or enter a Park Service Request.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS
- All volunteers must complete and sign a new volunteer service agreement and a self-certification form for COVID-19.
- Once the Volunteer Coordinator has received the signed documents, the volunteer is able to resume outdoor work in the park again.
- All volunteers must follow the current CDC guidelines when performing their tasks at the park. Updates about the overall NPS response to COVID-19, including safety information, are posted on www.nps.gov/coronavirus.
Specifically, volunteers are asked to:
- Social distance to a minimum of 6’ spacing.
- Wear a face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Educate yourself on proper donning, doffing, and cleaning of face coverings.
- Reduce in-person interactions with others.
- Wash hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds if you touch something others have touched.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces often using sanitizer/disinfectant.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- If working/meeting with others at the park, meet in a well-ventilated area, such as outdoors.
- Avoid mass gatherings of more than 10 people.